Today marks another exciting milestone in the Zambia National Building Society’s journey towards providing affordable Housing Finance in Zambia.
Ladies and gentlemen,
I am delighted to welcome you here today as we launch BWELA TIMANGE Mortgage promotion of Zambia National Building Society. We are glad that you honored our invitation to join us for this momentous occasion.
Ladies and gentlemen, The Society has remained committed to its vision of “becoming the leading housing finance and premier banking in Zambia financial market” This promotion is the third one after successfully executing the Women’s Mortgage which was held in 2015, followed by the Nyumba Ya Banja Mortgage in 2020. The promotion you are witnessing today is aimed at
- Making housing finance affordable to a majority of Zambians who previously could not afford or qualify to access housing financing,
- Enhance strategic partnerships and stakeholder engagement to drive down the cost of building materials for our clients as evidenced by the presence of our partners (BSI STEEL and Lafarge Zambia)
- To supplement government efforts in reducing the current housing deficit faced by the country.
- To build mutually beneficial relationships with our customers that contribute to the growth and development of ZNBS
Allow me to state right here that ZNBS has set aside ZMW80 million to be disbursed during this promotion. We are very hopeful that after six months of the promotion, we will be able to see at least 160 households or families well empowered with housing.
As we launch this product, allow me to assure you that my Board has put in place the following measures to ensure that citizens are able to access housing finance.
- Customers who do not have titled land will still be able to benefit from this promotion through the Building Materials Loan product that has been included in this promotion.
- Dedicated Relationship Managers have been assigned to handle customer enquiries and track of applications.
- Applications forms can be accessed across our branch network country ward or downloaded from the ZNBS website.
In conclusion, I would like to recognize the Steering Committee and the Management team that has worked tirelessly in developing this promotion to allow for more people to qualify for mortgage financing.
Let me also recognize our partners BSI Steel Zambia and Lafarge Zambia for coming on Board to make housing a reality for our esteemed customers.
With this few remarks allow me to officially launch the promotion and call on all qualifying Zambians to partner with ZNBS to build or buy their home
I thank you.