Real Estate, Real Estate investments Zambia (REIZ)March 19, 2019

Real Estate Investment Zambia PLC – 2018 Performance Analysis
Performance overview In 2018, the real estate market in Zambia was highly competitive with the development of real estate properties continuing to record steady remarkable increases. Despite the increase in the value of property in Zambia the market has continued to put pressure on existing properties as demand in the near term is lagging supply. […]

BankingMarch 15, 2019

Natsave and Mastercard sign strategic agreement to drive digital transformation and financial inclusion in Zambia
PRESS RELEASE Lusaka, Zambia – 13th March 2019: The National Savings Bank (Natsave) and Mastercard have signed a strategic partnership agreement, which will see the bank rollout Mastercard Chip and PIN prepaid and debit cards to provide its customers with a safer and more convenient alternative to transacting with cash. This is in line with […]

Real Estate, Real Estate investments Zambia (REIZ)March 15, 2019

REIZ earnings fall as rental income suffers ‘haircut’ due to exchange losses
The gold that glitters in the property market has quickly faded as REIZ reported an 88.8 % fall in profit after tax for the 2018 financial year. The company reported the sharpest fall in revenue in over 5 years following a period that has seen it invest organically in premium real estate in Zambia. Investment […]

Banking, ZANACO plcMarch 13, 2019

Zanaco PLC – 2018 Performance Analysis
Corporate Bio and Ownership Structure Zambia National Commercial Bank (Zanaco) Plc was established in 1969 to provide financial services to the Zambian economy and is now a leading Bank nationwide. In 2007, the Zambian Government sold a 49% stake to Rabo Development B.V. a subsidiary of the Cooperative Centrale Raiffeisen-Boerenleen Bank (Rabobank) of the Netherlands.  […]

Copperbelt Energy Corporation Plc, EnergyMarch 12, 2019

CEC Zambia – Analysis of 2018 Performance
Corporate Bio The core business of CEC Zambia is to supply power to copper producing mines on the Copperbelt Province of Zambia and other related mining companies in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) in conjunction with SNEL that country’s state utility company. CEC has two incorporated subsidiaries namely CEC-Kabompo Hydro Power Limited (CEC-KHPL)  and […]

AEL Mining Services (Z) Plc, MiningMarch 7, 2019

AEL Zambia – Explosive Analysis
AEL Zambia is a subsidiary company of AEL international and the major holding company is AECL Limited that is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange in South Africa. In Zambia, 25% shareholding is publicly held through the Lusaka Stock Exchange (LuSE) and the other 75% is held by AEL international. The steady increase of copper […]

Finance, ZCCM-Investment Holdings PlcMarch 7, 2019

Mwanakatwe expresses gratitude over Dividend from ZCCM IH
On Wednesday morning, Zambia Consolidated Copper Mines-Investment Holdings presented the Zambian Government with a dividend cheque worth K16.8 million. Finance Minister Honorable Margaret Mwanakatwe received the cheque on behalf of the Government from Zambia Consolidated Copper Mines aCEO, Mavuto Chipata at the Ministry Of Finance. Mrs. Mwanakatwe expressed gratitude to Mr. Chipata and explained t

Finance, ZCCM-Investment Holdings PlcMarch 6, 2019

Ministry of Finance Receive a Dividend from ZCCM IH
05th March 2019, Lusaka – ZCCM Investments Holdings Plc (ZCCM-IH) has remitted a dividend of K16.8 million to the Ministry of Finance who own 17.25% of the Company. This dividend is out of the K98.1 million total dividend declared for the year ended 31st March 2018.   Receiving the dividend cheque in Lusaka today, Minister […]

Finance, ZCCM-Investment Holdings PlcMarch 4, 2019

Chipata’s 2 big Cheques Shine at IDC and NAPSA
Monday the 4 of March 2019 will forever echo in Mabuvto Chipata mind for some time to come. This is the day that he delivered two life size cheques to two key stakeholders in: IDC and NAPSA as acting CEO of ZCCM IH. In his maiden dividend cheque delivery as the current leader of one […]

Finance, ZCCM-Investment Holdings PlcMarch 4, 2019

Press Release: ZCCM-IH Shareholders receive a dividend
04th March 2019, Lusaka – ZCCM Investments Holdings Plc (ZCCM-IH) has declared a dividend worth K50.3 million to the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) and K14.7 million to the National Pension Scheme Authority (NAPSA).   This is out of the K98 million total dividend declared for the year ended 31st March 2018. Speaking during the dividend […]